Definition of Keyword Research
Keyword research is the process of determining what keywords are used in search engines by potential customers.
There goals of keyword research include the following:
- Identify the broadest possible set of keywords used by potential customers.
- Determine which keywords are most popular and thus represent the primary targets for SEO and keyword advertising.
- Identify keywords whose search engine ranking is realistically obtainable by SEO.
- Determine what negative keywords will make keyword advertising most cost effective.
- Identify customer language that can influence branding and messaging.
- Develop additional content based upon user terminology.
Please let us know if you have a term you would like to see added to the Internet Marketing Glossary.